Monday, March 19, 2012

Delicious Homemade Mac n Cheese


Here is an old favorite of mine. Ever since I learned this recipe, or I should say, this method, from Rachel Ray, I've been experimenting with different sorts of cheeses and other fine ingredients in this delectable comfort dish. Never again will I eat the boxed, powdered stuff from the supermarket, as with this recipe I know all of the fresh goodness I put into my mac n cheese...

To make this dish, you'll need the following ingredients:

- 1 lb. boxed pasta (I find that the thicker pastas, like Rotini, Fusili, or Rigatoni work best)

- 2/3 tablespoons butter

- 2/3 tablespoons flour

- 1 cup milk

- Approximately 2 cups of any style cheese

- A dash of nutmeg

- A handful of bread crumbs

- Various spices

- Olive oil

Once you've gotten these, click on the following link to learn the process:

Delicious Homemade Mac n Cheese

Reader's Digest Store


No comments: